A bank statement is a very useful banking tool. It is document provided by a bank to an account holder that summarises their financial transactions within a specific period. It typically includes details about deposits, withdrawals, transfers, credit card information like outstanding bill and other activities related to the account. This statement helps individuals or businesses keep track of their financial transactions and monitor their account balances. Indian Overseas bank provides its customers with an option to check their account balance through IOB statement.
Contents of an IOB statement
The following is the content of an IOB statement:
- Your name, your IOB account number, and the statement period.
- The list of transactions that is made during the statement period specified.
- Their will be a column of the dates for each transaction and a brief description of the transactions. It will indicate whether it’s a debit or credit transaction and the purpose if mentioned by the one who performs the transaction.
- The amount of money.
- The IOB account balance in the account after each transaction is processed. This will help the account holders keep track of their available funds.
- If there is any interest earned by the account or charges incurred, these details will also be mentioned in the statement.
- Depending on the type of account you have in Indian overseas bank, there might be additional information, such as details of standing instructions, fees, and other account-related information.
Various options to download an IOB statement?
Through Internet banking
You can get an IOB statement through net banking. That that, follow these steps below:
- Log in to your IOB net banking account using your user ID and password that you set when you registered your account with the bank for Internet banking service.
- After logging in, go to the section called “account summary” which provides an overview of your accounts.
- If you have more than one account, choose the specific account for which you want to generate the statement.
- Select the option related to statement. It will look like “Account Statements,” “e-Statements,” or “Statement Request.”
- Select the dates of the time period which you want to generate the statement for. You might be able to select specific dates or choose from predefined periods like the last month or last quarter.
- Once you’ve selected the account and statement period, proceed to generate the statement. This might involve clicking a “Generate” or “View” button.
- The statement should now be displayed on your screen. You can typically view it in your browser or download it as a PDF file. You can save a copy of the statement for your record in the future.
Through IOB balance check number
Customers can get an IOB statement through the IOB balance check number 9210622122. Dial this number from your mobile number which is registered with the bank. Then, follow the IVR voice instruction. If your number is not registered yet, you need to register it first. The steps are as follows:
- To register offline, you need to visit the nearest branch of the bank that you have an account with.
- Approach the staff and ask for a mobile number registration form.
- Fill out the form with accurate details wherever necessary. The details would be your account number, name and the mobile number you intend to register.
- The bank staff will ask you for identity proof documents such as Aadhaar card, driving licence, passport or any other government issued identity card.
- Submit the duly filled form and the bank will process your application in a short time. You will get an SMS when your mobile number will be registered.
If you already have access to internet banking, you don’t need to go to the bank. You can register your mobile number with a few clicks. If you haven’t registered yet for online banking, you can do so in some simple steps which will be given below.
- Go to the official website of your bank and log in using your login credentials that is your username and password.
- Look for a section related to “Profile,” “Settings,” “Personal Information,” or something similar within your online banking dashboard. You can manage your account details in this section.
- Within the profile or settings section, you should find an option to update your contact details including your mobile number.
Checking account balance and transaction through UPI service
If you just want to check your account balance, you can check it through UPI service. This option is one of the most popular and recent ones of this digital age. Almost everyone uses UPI service as it is easily accessible anywhere anytime. Open the UPI app that you have on your mobile phone. This could be GooglePay/ PhonePe/ PayTm.
- Open the UPI App you have on your device.
- There will be various sections for fund transfer, mobile recharge, bill payments.
- If you scroll down, you will find an option, ‘check balance’.
- Tap on that option and choose the account in case you have multiple accounts linked with your UPI App.
- And, enter the UPI pin you have set. Your account balance will be shown on the screen in numerical figures. You can also check recent transactions using these UPI apps.
To check transaction history, tap on the option just above ‘check balance’ and you will see all the details of transactions you made.
Through Mobile banking service
- Download and install the Indian Overseas Bank mobile banking app from your device’s app store.
- Open the app and log in using your mobile banking credentials that is your user ID and PIN which you set.
- After logging in, go to the section that displays your account information or account summary.
- If you have more than one account with bank, select the specific account for which you intend to generate the statement.
- Go to the section which says “Request” and go to “statement”. This could be in the form of a menu or button.
- Select the time period for which you intend to generate the statement. You will be able to select specific dates or predefined periods like the last month or last quarter.
- After selecting the account and statement period, proceed to generate the statement. This might involve tapping a “Generate” or “View” button.
- The statement should now be displayed on your mobile screen. You can usually view it within the app or download it as a PDF file