It’s well-documented that couples in long term relationships often have a hard time staying grounded in their relationship when they cross the salary gap. And while it may be difficult at times, one way to cultivate your partner’s support is by making sure that you are giving them no reason to question whether or not your relationship will last.
The idea of a cross-cheque is a two-for-one that’s sent to your partner for the month. In order for it to be effective, you and your partner must agree on what the first check represents, so that there is no confusion from the outset.
On your partner’s side, it’s best to agree on something as simple as “date night” or a vacation that you both deserve. Anything that is a reflection of the relationship will work. On your side, make sure you choose a date that is significant to both of you and comes at a time that affords time for one another.
Table of Contents
What is Crossed Cheque?
– Crossed cheque is money that you give your partner on the same day or in the same month, with the cheque representing each other’s portion of your income. You then use it to spend on dates and activities that are significant to your relationship.
– Crossed cheque is an effective way for couples to show that they value their relationship. It is also a way to ensure that you and your partner have similar priorities.
– Crossed cheque is a great way to show your partner that you value their time, since it demonstrates that you’re willing to give of yourself for the relationship.
How to Do It
– The first step in adopting crossed cheque as a habit requires having an open, honest conversation about what makes your relationship work and what is important. Some issues may require more time than others.
– Make sure that you both have an equal say in this conversation. It is equally as important for your partner to feel comfortable with the way that you are splitting your finances as it is for you to understand their perspective.
– Each partner’s desired usage of the crossed cheque must be mutually agreed upon and fully understood by both parties. This will ensure that the crossed cheque remains meaningful for each party and ensures that both parties are committed to the idea of spending their share on dates with their partners.
– Choose the date that you will use for the cheque so that it is significant to both of you. This allows you to plan a date without making your partner feel pressured to participate. It also gives you an opportunity to spend time together talking about whatever is on your mind.
– If at any time, it is necessary for one party to make more than the other due to circumstance such as a different household income, then have a conversation about what makes a difference and why that’s important to their relationship.
– For a crossed cheque to be effective, both you and your partner must agree on the date that the cheque will be sent as well as on the way in which you will use it. This may take some time to get used to, but it’s worth it in the end.
– Choose a time that is significant for both of you, such as a weekend. This allows for plenty of free time between you and your partner to spend with one another.
Types of Cross Cheque
– The most basic type of crossed cheque that’s sent out by both partners is one with a dollar amount. This can be used to save money or spend money on activities that are significant to the relationship.
– Another common way of doing it is to apply a dollar amount to the date that you will spend the money on. This ensures each partner’s full contribution of the crossed cheque, without absorbing any more than the other.
– It can also be used to transfer money from one person’s bank account to another. This can be done at the bank or through online transfers. Just make sure that you consult your bank about what is allowed for the transfer and the fee you may have to pay on a monthly basis.
– Crossed cheque can also be used as an investment. In this case you would use the money to move your investments and give the profit to your partner. This can be a great way to support the other person’s career goals, as well as provide an extra source of income for both partners.
– There are also other creative ways of doing it that allow both parties to participate. You can do it as a joint bank account or invest in stocks or mutual funds. You can even put the money in a joint savings account.
– Any amount of time that you spend together is time well spent. The important thing to remember about crossed cheque is that it is just another way for you and your partner to enjoy being around one another. It’s an opportunity to show your loved one that you’re willing to give of yourself for the sake of your relationship and this gesture will only make you more attractive as a partner in their eyes.
– Cheque validity can be for any period that you want, but the most common length of time is the month. This allows for plenty of time to plan something significant and special, that reflects your feelings for one another.
– You can also make it a longer time period such as a year, but you will find that it will be more difficult to choose one date out of the year that is special and meaningful to both you and your partner.
What is the difference between cheque and crossed cheque?
– Cheque is a written promise from a bank that the exchange will occur at the specified time. Cheque can be either to or from any person or institution printed on the validity of a particular bank. It is seen as money to which cash value is attached and which are instruments of payment in legal transactions.
– Crossed cheque is in fact two different things. First of all, it consists of written notes that represent each other’s portion of money as agreed upon by two persons in love. It is also used to represent written orders from one person to another, to pay the money.
– Crossed cheque is a system or a way of ensuring that you partner’s priorities and needs for your relationship are in tune with your own. It is a great way for couples to make sure that they’re spending their time together wisely and it helps them monitor how much time they’re spending together.
– Cheque is an agreement between two parties to an amount of money or something of value. When you no longer trust the person for whom you have given a cheque, then you may cash the cheque. In some cases it may be refused and in such cases, it must be returned to the issuer who will cancel its validity.