With the increasing penetration of the internet facility across the country, daily routine items such as grocery, bakery, cosmetics, etc. to the luxury items such as laptops, high-end cameras, TV, fridge, etc. are largely bought online. The reason for this shift in the shopping behavior from the traditional shopping approach to online shopping are:
- The enhanced facility of comparison from multiple brands on numerous portals.
- It helps to make better decisions by reading customer reviews and ratings.
- Easily accessible through mobiles, tablets, and computers thus saves time and energy.
- The facility of Home-Delivery, Returns, and Exchange.
- Noise Less shopping by avoiding the crowd.
Post-demonetization the usage of cash is deteriorated and credit card, debit card and net banking have become the most preferred mode of payment and online shopping enables the customer to transact cashlessly.
The customer making payment through credit cards gets extra benefits in terms of discounts, gift vouchers, cashback and reward points, plus an interest-free credit for approx. 50 to 55 days (depends on the billing cycle). Further, No Cost EMI facility is also available with the credit card. Thus, if you are a shopaholic and loves the idea of getting additional benefits for the money spent online here is the list of 5 best credit cards for online shopping in India.
Best Credit Card for Online Shopping
SBI Simply Click Credit Card
SBI Simply Click Credit Card is one of the best credit cards deliberately designed for online shopping. You will get 10X rewards points for the money spent online (on the partnered brand) and 5X rewards points for all other online shopping.
The card comes with a onetime fee of ₹ 499 and a renewal fee of ₹ 499 per year. The annual fee is waived off if your annual spending for the previous year exceeds ₹ 1,00,000.
Similar to other cards the cardholder gets 20-50 days of interest free credit but the APR (Annual percentage ratio which is basically the rate of interest charged on the unpaid billed amount annually) is 40.2%, means if you don’t pay your outstanding billed amount on the due date then the interest will be charged at the rate of 3.35% per month.
The Cardholder is entitled to the following benefits:
- 10 reward points on the online spends of ₹ 100 on the partnered brands which include Amazon, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, Foodpanda, UrbanClap, and Lenskart. Each reward point worth ₹ 0.20.
- 5 reward points on other online shopping such as Flipkart, Myntra, Snapdeal, etc. and 1 reward points for all offline shopping of ₹ 100.
- Welcome e-gift voucher worth ₹ 500.
- Fuel Surcharge waiver of up to 1% for each transaction between ₹ 500 to ₹ 3,000 subject to ₹ 100 per billing cycle.
- Cleartrip e-voucher worth ₹ 2,000 on annual spending of ₹ 1,00,000 and another ₹ 2,000 e-vouchers for additional spending of ₹ 1,00,000.
ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Cardhttps://www.icicibank.com/card/credit-cards/credit-card.page" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card is associated with Amazon and you will get lots of benefits while shopping online on Ecommerce Giant Amazon.
The card will fetch you the following benefits in the form of Amazon Pay Balance.
- Earn 5% back on Amazon.in for Amazon Prime customers.
- Earn 3% back on Amazon.in for non-prime customers.
- Earn 2% back on 100+ Amazon Pay partner merchants by using this card on Amazon Pay.
- Earn 1% back on other payments.
- Save a minimum of 15% on your dining bill at over 2,500 restaurants across India through Culinary Treats Programme.
- Complete waiver of 1% on fuel surcharge every time you refuel.
Apart from the above benefits, the card has no joining fee as well as no annual fees. Further, there is no cap limit on the spending i.e. you will get cashback every time you shop on amazon without any ceiling limit.
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card.com/retail/cards/credit-card" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card is for the shopaholics who love to shop online on Flipkart as well as on Myntra.
The card provides instant discounts on Flipkart, Myntra, 2GUD and other preferred merchants. The card comes with activation benefits worth ₹ 3,300
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card provides cashback on every transaction as follows:
- 5% cashback on Myntra, Flipkart and 2GUD.
- 4% cashback on Makemytrip, Goibibo, Uber, Urbanclap, Eber Eats, PVR and Cure.fit.
- 5% cashback on all other online purchases.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver.
The cashback will be directly adjusted against the credit card bill and reflects in your statement.
This card also provides 4 Complimentary lounge access in a calendar year on selected airports namely Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Kolkata.
You will have to pay ₹ 500 as a joining fee and an annual renewal fee of ₹ 500 from the second year onwards. On the annual spending of more than ₹ 2,00,000, the annual fee will be waived off. The APR is 49.36% per annum i.e. interest rate of 3.40% per month on the late payment of credit card outstanding amount.
HDFC Snapdeal Credit Cardreward points on average monthly spends of ₹ 10,000 and instant discount of 5% on the purchases made on Snapdeal.com.
HDFC Snapdeal Credit Card comes with the following benefits:
- Welcome benefits in the form of 500 reward points.
- Instant discount of ₹ 500 on purchase of ₹ 2,000 to ₹ 3,999 on Snapdeal. And Instant discount of ₹ 1,000 on purchase of ₹ 4,000 and above on Snapdeal.
- 10% instant discount on a minimum purchase of ₹ 1,000 on Snapdeal. The maximum discount available per transaction is ₹ 500.
- 1% Fuel surcharge waiver for the transactions between ₹ 400 & ₹ 5,000. Get 1% Fuel surcharge subject to a maximum of ₹ 250 per statement cycle.
- 2 Reward Points for every ₹ 150 on Other Spending.
The card has a joining fee and renewal fee of ₹ 500 (plus GST). The APR of HDFC Snapdeal Credit Card is 41.88 % per annum i.e. interest rate of 3.49% per month on the late payment of the bill. There is no complimentary access to airport lounges.
Axis Bank Buzz Credit Cardategory for online shopping. The card is associated with the Flipkart and you will get lots of accelerated reward points when you shop online specifically on Flipkart.
The card comes with benefits of:
- Flipkart Voucher of ₹ 1,000/- as a welcome benefit.
- 10% instant discount on Flipkart from 1-5th each month up to a maximum of ₹ 400 per month.
- 5% instant discount on the rest of the month i.e. 6-31st of each month up to a maximum of ₹ 200 per month.
- Both the above offers are also available with the Easy EMI option.
- 2 reward points for every ₹ 200/- spend and 3x reward points on online shopping.
- 15% off on dining at the selected restaurants across India.
The card comes with a Flipkart Voucher worth up to ₹ 8000/- in a year which You will get on completing certain milestones i.e. Voucher of ₹ 500 on completing an online purchase of ₹ 25,000, voucher of ₹ 1,000 on completing milestone of ₹ 50,000 and voucher of ₹ 2,500 on achieving the milestone of ₹ 1,00,000. Similarly spending ₹ 1,00,000 online in a year on Flipkart will get you an additional voucher of ₹ 1,000 and if your spending goes to ₹ 2,00,000 in a year, you will get a voucher worth ₹ 2,000.
The card comes with a joining fee of ₹ 750/- and yearly charges of ₹ 750/- from the second year onwards. The Annual Percentage Ratio of the Axis Buzz Credit Card is 46.78% per annum i.e. interest rate of 3.98% per month if you don’t pay your credit card bills within the due date.
The above list consists of credit cards majorly used for online shopping. There are various other credit cards who provides aggressive rewards points on dining, grocery and other offline spending such as HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card, ICICI Coral Credit Card, etc.